Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Texture Tuesday 3/25/14

Firstly, thank you so much to all who visited my blog recently, I'm pretty new at  blogging and it has taken me a while to get to grips with it ! 

The theme this week at Texture Tuesday is "Quiet". I love being quiet, enjoying the silence or the sound of the birds ( if it ever gets warm enough to be outside !)  I loved Kim's plea to us to close our eyes and pray for our children . My two sons are far away in Europe and I don't see them too often, although I think about them all the time...thank goodness for Facetime though .

I miss them every day and have a trip booked to visit them in May....I can hardly wait...but then I get sad because I won't know when I will see them again.....crazy, right ?  I do, however, make the most of our time together and enjoy every second and remain positive as life is too short to be sad :)

My photo this week is of one of the palest pink tulips I've ever seen, they have now faded to a very soft white, so pretty ! I just used one layer of kk_touch of texture 1 at a very low opacity.


 



http://www.kimklassencafe.com/thecafe/tag/texture-tuesday



I would like to thank Beverly ( Lavender Bleu) for helping me figure out how to add a button to my blog posts. Thanks Bev, you're wonderful xxx


26 comments:

  1. Caz, it is so nice to see you working on your blog! It looks fabulous, as I knew it would. Your palest pink tulip is stunning and so pretty! Have fun with your new "you" space....it grows over time, and somehow becomes a part of you. Your trip in May sounds very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev, you have been a brilliant supporter :)) I'm looking forward to our trip as you can probably imagine.:)

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely tulip in the sweetest pale pink, Caz !
    Beautiful background too !
    I can imagine you're looking forward to your trip in May ...
    Nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia, you're very sweet and yes, I'm really looking forward to our trip :)

      Delete
  3. This soft pink is the very essence of quiet. Hope you enjoy your visit with your sons. Quiet time is for meditating on all our blessings and looking forward to the next adventure of life. Thanks for sharing your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image, my daughter is leaving the UK for New Zealand soon and i'm going to find it so hard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Viv, it will be hard for you, no doubt about it, but luckily with today's technology, it helps to be able to connect with our children via the internet or Facetime or Skype. I will be thinking about you and if you ever need someone to listen, I'm here :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful. I love the look of the tulip on that lovely white background. I have a daughter who lives in London, and it has been ages since I saw her. I'm so glad you will be able to visit your sons in May. DeAnne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DeAnne, it's hard isn't it when they're so far away ?

      Delete
  6. Oh what a beautiful pale pink! I love pink tulips ...and white ones...and enjoy photographing them. This is a beautiful photo! (My two sons live away....one across the state of Oregon and the other in New York---although he is spending 3 months in the Basque of Spain, working for the experience in a world-class restaurant. I miss them every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyn ! I love flowers.....period...lol. I hope your son enjoys his time in Spain ! I feel for you too xx

      Delete
  7. Tulips are always lovely to look at. We still are waiting for signs of spring here... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, I hope Spring isn't too far away for you :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! So soft and simple and ... quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I change something on my blog I have to figure it all out again. What fun, a trip to Europe, oh my gosh! It'll be so awesome. Lovely photo, perfectly quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxi, yes I'm lucky in that I can get back over there once every couple of years :)

      Delete
  10. Your tulip photo is so beautiful! I can't wait to see pics from you visit with your sons!

    Pam (Pamela Greer Photography)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam ! I'm sure I will be taking a lot of photos ! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  11. Lovely tulip image - i love the pale pink color! Enjoy every minute of your trip and your time with your sons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheila, and thank you for visiting :))

      Delete
  12. hello lovely... such a pretty photo....love the soft gentle feeling it creates.... wonderful.... i agree beverly is a dear....

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love tulips, your image looks so lovely, so soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thank you for visiting :)

      Delete