Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Spring in August

Friday Finds 8/1/14

Well, what a week this has been ! A true roller coaster of emotions upon hearing the C word, again.
My tests showed that I do indeed have cancer, so now to go through some tests and see the surgeon to discuss when I should have surgery.  I really, really am praying that it will be very soon. My appointment with the surgeon is August 14th and I have some tests set up for next week.  I should have been in the UK at that time celebrating my parent's diamond wedding anniversary then. But my trip has been cancelled, we will go later on.  

I have found that telling loved ones that you have cancer is actually easier for me than it is for them to hear about it. Everyone feels so helpless. But I will beat this one as I have beaten another one before. 

Sooooo, the reason for my title today is that my son sent me an absolutely beautiful arrangement of flowers.....prepare for a photo dump ! It's so awesome to have tulips and iris in August !

The name of the bouquet is "Hugs and Kisses"....well I certainly feel hugged and kissed...lol ! Aren't they simply gorgeous ? 
































http://www.kimklassencafe.com/thecafe/tag/friday-finds

5 comments:

  1. I think you are right it is harder for others to hear than for you to tell or at least it is hard for me to hear this as I know there is nothing I can do other than support you through the internet. I hope the appointment is earlier also but I hate the waiting for you, one good thing you have photography, you have us in the Be Still class for support you have IG to keep your mind busy until your appointment. Hugs to you and your Breathe of Spring bouquet is wonderful Just Right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barbara, I'm so glad I have photography and the classes, and my new found love of IG :)))

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are truly a breath of springtime! I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Betty, I appreciate your prayers :)

      Delete
  3. Again, I'm sending healing thoughts your way. Your flower images are stunning!

    ReplyDelete