Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Finds

Friday Finds  3/28/14

This week I found a beautiful bone china mug from the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. I chanced upon it in a local antique mall, which is housed in an old textile mill. There are several in this area of NC and it's great to stroll through them finding treasures !
They still have all the old floors and have a wonderful atmosphere.  Of course it's hard to leave without buying anything !  Anyway I was thrilled with my purchase, only $4 and it was still in it's presentation box. I don't know why I still find it amazing to find treasures here from my home country, but I do !

Isn't it pretty ?


I also had a baking session yesterday and made a sponge cake ( I forgot to take photos and hubby took it to work ! ) and some caramel brownies.  It was hard not to succumb, but as I'm still trying to lose weight I was very good and didn't nibble on one of them !


I found the gorgeous plate in an old antique barn up in Vermont, LOVE !



http://www.kimklassencafe.com/thecafe/tag/friday-finds

Have a wonderful weekend 

Caz

14 comments:

  1. Love it, fancy finding a mug from the V & A in South Carolina, the world is not that big after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Viv and yes it's definitely a small world :)

      Delete
  2. It is a piece of your heart Caz!! I love finding things like that. Wow, look at those brownies and tea! Beautiful images, and they look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that " a piece of my heart ", so sweet, thank you Beverly :)

      Delete
  3. I have a sudden craving for brownies. :-) I'm fairly good with self control once they're baked.....but the bowl and spatula? Well, that's an entirely different story! I love the cup. It's so dainty and beautiful.
    Visiting from Friday Finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lisa, yes, the spatula had to be dunked in soapy water straight away...lol. Thanks for your visit :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely find and your collage is so delightful! Visiting from Friday Finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thank you and thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  5. Great finds, Caz !
    Mmm, those brownies look so delicious ! :-)
    Lovely collage !
    Have a nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia ! Thank you so much , I hope you have a nice weekend too :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful find. Sounds like a great antique place to explore. I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) yes, we're lucky enough to have two of them locally !

      Delete
  7. oh no ... now i NEED a brownie! Love your beautiful find ... what a score!! Great collage work too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete