Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Liberate Your Art 2015

http://kateyestudio.com/2015/04/liberate-your-art-2015-blog-hop.html
I participated in this postcard swap for the first time this year.  I want to get my "art" out there in the big wide world this year, so I felt this was a good start ! I ordered  postcards of some of my photos from Moo.com and was really pleased with the quality of them.  Then I sent the 5 cards, self addressed labels and stamps to Kat Sloma, who organizes the swap.  It was wonderful when postcards started to arrive in my mailbox ! I have discovered that only two of my cards were received so far via the Facebook page, one of which landed in Alaska ! 

Here are the cards I sent out :




These are the cards I received, all from the USA except one which came all the way from Australia !

This first one was from JarieLyn  and she wrote the poem as well as drawing the image !

 This one was from Julia in the Seattle area who is a mixed media and altered artist. She tries to complete a creative project every day !


 This was from Wendy in the Rio Grande Valley who said "Do what you love !"


 This scene of San Francisco was sent by Dee who wrote a quote on the back of the postcard....Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. ~ Scott Adams



This was from Charm who lives in Western Australia. The flower is from a flowering gumtree. 



Last but not least was a card from Kat herself called Imminent Downfall !


All in all , this was a lot of fun. Thanks to Kat and her helpers for making it happen !  Here is a video of some of the art that was sent in for the swap. 



For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to add the link up to the blog hop....apologies !

19 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your experience with the swap - you received some wonderful cards and not to mention the beautiful ones you sent out into the world! I haven't been able to pick all of mine up just yet, but look forward to when I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, I look forward to seeing your cards too :)

      Delete
  2. These are amazing pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a newbie too this year. Wasn't it fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun, I wish I knew where all my cards have landed though . But I would do it again for sure ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow! How great to receive such beautiful art work right in your mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice change from just posting images online...to actually printing your art, and receiving art from others! A big undertaking by Kat (kudos to her)! I love the shot of the San Francisco scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Beverly, and it may have been the push I needed to do more like this ! ;))

      Delete
  6. This was third year and I think it gets better each time. Your cards are beautiful and you received some cards I had not seen before. Always a surprise to see what lands in everyone's post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fine variety of wonderful art cards!
    Art mail is the best.
    This is my first year participating.
    Happy beginning of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty ! It was great fun wasn't it !

      Delete
  8. Wonderful cards, those berries sure do look tempting! So glad you got your art out, and I wish you the best in continuing to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely idea ... beautiful and creative cards you sent and received, Caz !
    Have a great weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. mail box happiness! love your hot air balloon photo. glad to have met you through lya:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to have participated in the Swap this year and so wonderful to see what you received. See you text time!

    ReplyDelete